How to ...
1. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunks and steam or microwave until soft.
2. Mash potatoes and add butter and sugar while potatoes are still hot.
3. Add milk until it's soft enough to squeeze out from a pastry bag but hard enough to keep the shape.
4. Strain the potato mixture using a fine mesh strainer and a wood spatula. (tough part ! ask your boyfriend or husband for help !)
5. Mix 2 tbs hot water and 2tbs green tea powder in a small bowl to make green tea paste.
6. Add green tea paste to the potato mixture and mix well. (Take some potato mixture into the bowl of green tea, mix well and then put it back to potato mixture. This way you won't have bitter lump of green tea !)
7. Set a star shaped nozzle to a pastry bag and put the potato mixture.
8. Squeeze and make a core at the center of the tart cups.
9. Squeeze around the core to shape xmas tree.
10. Decorate with the sprinkles and dust with powder sugar (optional).
This time, I made it sweet to make desserts but you can also make white & savory version by replacing some ingredients as below.
sweet potatoes -> normal potatoes
green tea powder -> none
sugar -> salt and pepper
tart cups -> crackers
sprinkles -> green/orange/red/yellow paprika cut into small pieces
Easier than it looks and perfect for parties !
If you have any question, please ask away :)
Hi ! I'm Yoshimi. Here are some updates on TOKYO KITCHEN, Japanese food, Asakusa, Tokyo and more.